I’ve been reading a lot of One Awkward Year’s blog, and apparently she has been reading mine as well! This is kind of a big deal because Liz (the blogger) and I aren’t related. We aren’t even facebook friends, which means she doesn’t see the updates about every single blog post I write. Not only does Liz read my blog, she has nominated me for an award. Thanks for the support, Liz.
Here’s how she explains the award:
“… the Liebster Blog Award – for bloggers by bloggers. How rad is that? I’m still not 100% sure of the rules or who this Liebster character is, but from what I gather, this is a way that bloggers can shout out to their fave bloggy friends and share them with their readers. I dig it.”
Basically, I need to list 11 random facts about myself and then answer 11 questions posed by Liz. So, it’s really mostly an interview/chain letter type thing-a-ma-do. BUT I don’t care, cause Liz is saying she likes what I’m doing. And I love talking about myself, so here we go!!!!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I will often leave a drawer or cabinet door open after I’ve retrieved whatever I need. This drives my mother crazy.
- I will not allow my fingernails to grow very long. Not because I bite them – I just like them short.
- My car is named Shirley because my best friend’s car is named Laverne. Normally I don’t like naming things like cars.
- Once in the 5th grade, I cut my own bangs. They were SUPER short and looked horrendous. I told everyone at school that my little sister had cut them. (Cause 5th grade is WAY too old to be making that mistake!)
- My first year of teaching, I said shit to my worst class. (the word shit, not like ‘I was talking mad shit’) Because they were a bunch of troublemakers, I’m pretty sure using that word helped me gain more respect from the students.
- I love scarves. I have a lot of them and wear them often.
- Wesley from The Princess Bride was my first love. He was cute, devoted, and saved Buttercup after being mostly dead all day! Plus- As You Wish – I swoon. Even at the age of 5, I knew I would never find a man as perfect as him.
- A contestant on this year’s American Idol went to my summer camp. I guess I was technically one of his counselors. (Papa Peachez anyone?)
- I don’t like coffee. I like coffee flavored things usually, so I think I mostly don’t like hot beverages. (I also don’t like tea)
- Even though I’m from the South, I do not like sweet tea, cornbread, fried okra, or grits.
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES:
1. What is your favorite vegetable? Aspargus. My mom says I loved it as a toddler, but around the age of 4 I rebelled against everything green. But now, I like it again!
2. If you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip? Capture it! Actually, with my recent move, I would like to think I’m already trying to make that happen.
3. Breasts or thighs? Of a CHICKEN, ya perv. I love legs….but if I have to choose: a breast. P.S. The chicken MUST be fried! (Duh, I’m from Mississippi)
4. Would you rather have an extra nose in the middle of your forehead OR an ear dangling from the bottom of your chin? This is a strange question, but I”m going with extra nose. The idea of a something dangling from my face is weird.
5. Who was your hero when you were a child? Rainbow Brite. She had an awesome horse that could run on a RAINBOW!! It doesn’t get more awesome than that.
6. Floss: waxed or unwaxed? Mint or unflavored? Favorite floss? Sure, I floss every day….I swear, I swear!!! (Um, not really. Am I a bad person?)
7. What is your favorite holiday and why? Easter because of Cadberry Eggs!!
8. What is your standard daily breakfast? A bagel eaten in my car while I drive to work and pray I’m not late. Unless I decide to treat myself and get a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donuts. Said breakfast sandwich is also eaten in my car.
9. Who is your favorite political dictator and please give a 700 word, 5 paragraph essay detailing why. This question makes me nervous because I’m not good with current events…or historical events. My expertise lies more in the pop culture realm.
10. What is your favorite boy band and who is your favorite member? (I’m judging this answer.) Ok, I was totally into both BSB and N’Sync back in the day, and I still know almost all the choreography to Bye, Bye, Bye! HOWEVER, the answer to this question is HANSON!!! That’s right. Although not your typical boy band, Hanson might be my favorite band of all time. I’m not even lying – I still listen to their music (old and new). I didn’t see them in concert until last year, and the experience was everything I could’ve hoped for as a 12 year old. Taylor Hanson 4 eva!
11. If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be? Enthusiastic, Creative, and Judgemental
I hope you enjoyed this look into my soul. Did I surprise you? Probably not. I’m pretty predictable.
The second part of this whole Liebster Blog Award is I am supposed to nominate 11 blogs that I follow to continue. (see the chain letter part now?) But, I don’t follow many blogs so I’m going to nominate two people who I really like.
Here are your 11 questions:
- Who is your favorite famous lady?
- Who was your first t.v./film crush?
- Do you sing in the shower?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- If you could only drink one thing for the rest of your life (not water), what would it be?
- Explain your feelings about the Mullet?
- What was the last book that you COULD NOT put down?
- If you could have a theme song play when you entered a room, what would it be?
- What is the one place you are dying to visit?
- Socks: plain colors or fancy patterns?
- Why do you like to write?
So, to wrap up this post all about me and the love I have for myself, here is a picture of me making a fish face.