Tomorrow, I leave for an extended Memorial Day Weekend getaway. I’m going home for a few days which I realize doesn’t sound very exciting, but I haven’t been home since Christmas. I’ve gotten proportionately more pumped as my travel day has gotten closer. I’ve called my mom/sister what seems like every hour just to remind them that I’m coming home. They will probably be sick of me before I even arrive. Needless to say, the excitement of my trip has made it quite difficult to give a damn about anything going on here in Chicago.
A few examples:
1. Yesterday, I thought it might be a good idea to skip my morning shower (it was not). Since I am classy, I did wash my bangs to get rid of the greasy/creased mess that wouldn’t fit in my ponytail. Clean bangs does not offset the effects of not showering! However, I just didn’t care, because I was leaving in just two short days.
2. I have gotten fast food for almost every meal in the past three days. I was basically out of groceries and didn’t feel like shopping before I left town. Gross? Yes. Do I care? Nope. (I also had another incident with a giant Diet Coke from Subway. Basically, I squeezed it too hard and soda spewed all over me like a fountain…on the day I skipped a shower. Still – not caring)
3. I just found out I have to present my principal with certain data from my students Drama assessments. Somehow, I didn’t realize exactly what form this information was supposed to presented in. But am I stressed? Nope. Just something I’ll figure out next Monday when I’m back in town.
4. I noticed that my throat was a little scratchy and my glands might be a little swollen. Usually, I pay attention to this kind of stuff, but I’m just bee-bopping along. Even a little cold/allergy flare up will not bring me down.
5. Even an empty Hulu queue couldn’t diminish my mood last night! Bring it on Mississippi. (Now, if only I was packed!)